Skip to main content
212 W. Troy Street Suite B, Dothan, AL 36303 | (205) 383-1667
by Alabama Registered Agent LLC

Alabama Foreign Corporation Registration

AL Foreign Corporation

If you own a corporation located in a state other than Alabama and want to transact business in Alabama, you will need a Certificate of Authority from the State of Alabama. You can get one by filing as a foreign corporation with the Alabama Secretary of State, Corporations Division. Once filed, the State of Alabama will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Alabama corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (Created) in the State of Alabama is considered to be a foreign corporation.

We only charge $100 plus the Alabama state filing fee to prepare and file the Foreign Alabama Corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Alabama Secretary of State, Corporations Division. We also will track down the paperwork needed from the home state of your incorporation to make the filing.

If you want to do the filing yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Alabama and you’ll find the foreign corporation form is already in your client account immediately. You’ll also find some submission tips on how to submit your documents with the state. Your business needs to have an Alabama registered agent anyway, so we try to make this a simple process for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to do the filing yourself.

How do I sign up?

You sign up for registered agent service first. You then can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to fill out and submit the forms yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab in your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. You can see real time status of our work in progress in your online account at all times. Once we are finished with your Alabama foreign corporation registration, we always store the filing into your client account, email you a copy, and send you the original filed documents by mail.