212 W. Troy Street Suite B, Dothan, AL, 36303 | (205) 383-1667
by Alabama Registered Agent LLC

How to incorporate in Shelby County, Alabama

Requirements for recording in Shelby county Alabama

How do I form my business in Shelby County, Alabama?

Go to the link at the bottom of the page and apply for a certificate of name reservation. The application goes to the Alabama Secretary of State and you should receive your certificate within a few days. Next you can click on the last link to download your certificate of formation. Complete the document and deliver it by mail or in person to the Judge of Probate Office in the county where your registered agent office is located.

You send the probate office the original form along with two copies, the certificate of name reservation and the recording fee. The recording fee is payable to the Judge of Probate. The amount is $56. If you are recording an amendment, the fee is $30. You may call or email the recording supervisor if you have questions. We are familiar with Shelby County Alabama as well since that is where our office is located.

Where do I deliver my documents for recording in Shelby County, Alabama?

Shelby County Probate Office
112 North Main Street
P.O. Box 825
Columbiana, AL 35051

Recording Supervisor – Charity Hogg  CHogg@ShelbyAL.com
(205) 669-3720
Fax #:  (205) 669-3884

How long does it take Shelby County to record my documents and forward them to the Alabama Secretary of State?

Shelby County Probate Office will record your corporate documents on the day they receive them. They mail filings to the Alabama Secretary of State twice per week.

Our Pitch:

Our company provides registered agent service to business entities of all kinds. Hire us as your registered agent and we will furnish you with full ongoing business compliance service in Alabama. Our registered agent service is one flat rate of $49. If you would like us to correctly deal with the Judge of Probate and the Alabama Secretary of State, we will do that for you for as well. Just click the big “Sign Up” button and get started.

Sign Up

Shelby County Alabama Judge of Probate link:

Alabama name reservation link:

Alabama Secretary of State forms link: